Dapr integrates with pub/sub message buses to provide applications with the ability to create event-driven, loosely coupled architectures where producers send events to consumers via topics.
Dapr supports the configuration of multiple, named, pub/sub components per application. Each pub/sub component has a name and this name is used when publishing a message topic. Read the API reference for details on how to publish and subscribe to topics.
A pub/sub in Dapr is described using a
apiVersion: dapr.io/v1alpha1 kind: Component metadata: name: pubsub namespace: default spec: type: pubsub.<NAME> version: v1 metadata: - name: <KEY> value: <VALUE> - name: <KEY> value: <VALUE> ...
The type of pub/sub is determined by the
type field, and properties such as connection strings and other metadata are put in the
Even though you can put plain text secrets in there, it is recommended you use a secret store using a
Visit this guide for instructions on configuring and using pub/sub components.
- Overview of the Dapr Pub/Sub building block
- Try the Pub/Sub quickstart sample
- Read the guide on publishing and subscribing
- Learn about topic scoping
- Learn about message time-to-live
- Learn how to configure Pub/Sub components with multiple namespaces
- List of pub/sub components
- Read the API reference